Ye are the Salt of the earth….are you worth your salt? This is mentioned in Ezra 6:9 in the form of pay to the Kings servants.
Matthew 5:13 says: Ye are the salt of the earth; but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing but to be cast out & to be trodden under foot of men.
traits of salt?
1. if you are a christian your salt has infinite value
2. if you are a christian your salt acts as a preservative
3. if you are a christian your salt can lose its usefulness or savor
4. if you are a christian your salt should promote THIRST
5. if you are a christian your salt must have contact to have an influence!
We are to be the “salt & light” of the world…
Salt purifies, preserves & penetrates; discarded? often put into ovens with intense heat. burned off? was no longer useful….thrown out on the road or on the rooftop where it would be trod upon.
perhaps this means we are to be looking for oportunities to encourage others, be faithful as one of HIS followers, being careful not to trod on/over HIS BLOOD. food for thought…am I being a mentor to someone?